What is it about?
The 2nd de.NBI Cloud User Meeting is an upcoming 3-day event (03.09.2019-05.09.2019) in Heidelberg for people interested in Bioinformatics, Cloud Computing or Big Data. Due to the diversity of approaches that arise in this exciting and rapidly evolving cloud computing technology niche, this meeting should help to exchange ideas and approaches in the growing de.NBI Cloud community.
We aim to advantage our attendees, from beginner to expert, with comprehensive understanding of the very broad application and benefit of the de.NBI Cloud. This event is your chance of meeting users, developers and administrators using the de.NBI Cloud. We feature topics from introduction or use case talks to introduce different technologies (OpenStack, Docker, Kubernetes, Nextflow, ….) to tutorials and workshops that will help understand how to actually apply the technology in your research.
- Matthias König – Humboldt-University Berlin
- Alan Beccati – Max Planck Institute for Marine Microbiology
- Alexander Peltzer – Quantitative Biology Center (QBIC) Tübingen,
- Johannes Werner – Leibniz-Institute for Baltic Sea Research
- Jens Preussner – Max Planck Institute for Heart and Lung Research
- Marius Dieckmann – Bioinformatics and Systems Biology, Justus University Giessen
- Björn Grüning – Bioinformatics Group Freiburg University
- Jan Krüger – Bielefeld University Bioinformatics Server, Bielefeld University
- Alex Walender – Computational Metagenomics, Bielefeld University
- Maximilian Hanussek – Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung (ZDV), Tübingen University
- Kubernetes Hands-On
- OpenStack Introduction
- Extensible Cluster Setup in the Cloud with BibiGrid and Ansible
- Using, building and exploring (bio)containers
- Getting Started with Nextflow & nf-core
- Virtual cluster deployment with Terraform
Topics discussed at the meeting
Based on the results of our survey, talks and hands on sessions might be subject to change slightly.
Who should attend this meeting?
We welcome people from all background, no matter if you are new to the de.NBI Cloud or considering to submit a project application, to learn and network in our growing community.
What to bring?
- 03.09. (13:00 – 18:00): Presentation of use cases
- 04.09. (09:00 – 17:00): Workshop
- 05.09. (09:00 – 13:00): Workshop
How to register?
Registration is closed! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Bioquant Heidelberg University
Im Neuenheimer Feld 267
Map of Bioquant can be found here.
Conveniently located hotels:
a) Budget: Ibis Hotel; Hotelo; Youth Hostel Heidelberg (walking distance)
b) Medium Price: Guesthouse Heidelberg; Hotel Central; Hotel Auerstein; Cafe Frisch (walking distance), Holiday Inn
c) 4-Star: Qube Hotel; NH Heidelberg
or any other accommodation in Heidelberg
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions?