Here we will guide you through the virtual machine detail page.
Here you will find various information about the virtual machine.
You will find the name, when and by whom it was created, which project it belongs to, the elixir id of the user who started the VM and the unique openstack id of the virtual machine.
Further you will find information on how to connect to your virtual machine and
some actions you can execute:
- Stop VM: this will shutoff the virtual machine, also setting the status to 'SHUTOFF'. It will be resumable, but you will not be able to interact with it in any form while it is shutoff.
- Reboot VM: this will either soft reboot or hard reboot your virtual machine. From openstack: A soft reboot attempts a graceful shut down and restart of the instance. A hard reboot power cycles the instance.
- Create Snapshot: this will let you take a snapshot of the virtual machine, allowing to boot a new virtual machine with it. For more information on snapshots please visist the respective wiki page.
- Delete VM: this will delete the virtual machine and everything on it. If a volume is attached, it will get detached but not deleted!
- Restart VM: this will boot up your shutoff virtual machine.
Here you will find information about the ressources the virtual machine uses. For more information on flavors, please visist the flavor wiki page.
Here you will find some information about the image the VM was started with. To find more information about images, please visist the respective wiki page.
Installed Conda Packages¶
If conda tools were chosen, you will find an overview of the tools and packages which were installed when starting the machine. For more information, please visist the customization wiki page.
If at least one volume is attached, you will find information about the attached volumes. Here you will find the name, the unique id, the path it was initially mounted to, the device and the storage capacity. For more information on volumes, please visit the respective wiki page.
If a browser based research environment was installed, you will find the URL and some information about the installed research environment here. For more information, please visist the customization wiki page.