Mon 15 October 2018, 11:00 to Tue 16 October 2018, 13:00 GMT – Frankfurt, Germany
This free ELIXIR Innovation and SME Forum on Data Driven Innovation in Industrial Biotechnology in Frankfurt is open to both large and small companies and aims to inform about ELIXIR resources and create a space to network for industry and academia.
In this lunch-to-lunch event, attendees will be immersed in a world of data-driven innovation, illustrated through talks. With a mix of high-level keynote speakers and interactive sessions, this event will allow you to discuss and interact with other companies and ELIXIR partners. A specific session with Flash Talks, will give new companies the chance to introduce their work to a broad audience.
This event programme is organised in cooperation with de.NBI, ELIXIR Europe, and DECHEMA and is free and open to all companies in Germany and beyond.
What is on the programme? Sessions include:
– Big Data Challenges and Opportunities
– Data driven Biotechnology in Germany and Europe
– Services offered by de.NBI and ELIXIR
– Flash Talks from companies showcasing their products
Speakers included but not limited to:
– Alf Puehler, Head of de.NBI
– Bertram Weiss, Head of Bioinformatics Bayer AG
– Elizabeth Reynolds, Founder & Director General Bioinformatics
– Klaus Mauch, Board member of DECHEMA/CEO of Insilico Biotechnology AG
– Catherine Sirven, Scientist, Bayer Crop Science France
– Martin Eisenacher, Medical Bioinformatics, Ruhr University Bochum
– Uwe Scholz, Institute for Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research Gatersleben
For whom? This event is aimed at companies active in industrial biotechnology, bio-data, software companies working with data and tools in life sciences and all research institutes active in the field of data science in all life science domains.
Meet and greet: In addition to coffee breaks and lunches, you are invited to attend the dedicated networking buffet dinner on the 15th of October.